I. YOUTH HAS NO GUARANTEE OF THE FUTURE
A. DEATH IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSONS...
1. Death frequently strikes those who believe they are invincible
2. In the course of my youth, I saw it happen time and again
a. Terry King (17) died of liver cancer
b. Tim Heffer (15) dropped dead of a heart attack
c. My classmate did not wake up one morning; his bodily functions simply stopped!
d. Two college classmates (20) were killed in car wrecks
3. Not to be morbid, nor to scare, but to face reality
a. No one is promised the future
b. Life is truly just a vapor - James 4:14-17
-- As a recent bumper sticker put it: "Many who plan to repent at the 11th hour, die at 10:30"
B. THE LORD IS COMING...
1. He is coming in judgment - 2Peter 3:7,9-11; 2Thess. 1:7-9
2. There will be "youths" at that time
a. Who will not have the benefit of a long life
b. Who will not have the time to change -- Therefore, we ought to prepare for the future (which is a sign
[Even if one is blessed to live a long life, with plenty of time to change, there is another reason to "Remember God In The Days Of Your Youth"...]