III. WELL SPENT YOUTH CAN BLESS YOUR FUTURE
A. COMPARE THE FOOLISH AND WISE CHILD...
1. The foolish child
a. Doesn't remember God in his youth
b. Won't listen to the advice of others
c. Has to learn for himself
d. Invariably makes a mess out of his life (in health, marriage, or career)
e. Spends good portion of life undoing foolish actions of youth
f. Suffers from the consequences of his actions
2. The wise child
a. Remembers God in his youth
b. Follows God's advice, and that of others
c. Learns from the mistakes of others
d. Begins life with a solid foundation and good head start
e. Able to accomplish more good in life
f. Will enjoy pleasurable memories, not bemoan his past
-- What a difference in the quality of life there can be when one
makes the right choices while young!
B. THE WISE CHILD WILL SHOW HIS WISDOM...
1. By learning to respect authority now (beginning with parents)
- Ep 6:1-3
2. By learning to control your body (as did Paul) - 1Co 9:27
3. By obeying the gospel - Ga 3:26-27
4. By growing spiritually, bearing the fruit of the Spirit – Gal.5:22-24
5. Thus becoming an example of the believers - 1Ti 4:12
-- This is what is involved in remembering God while young
1. No one can be "forced" to remember God in their youth...
a. We can only point out the dangers when one does not
b. We can remind you of the benefits when one does
-- I hope this lesson will encourage the young person to make the
2. But one thing is certain: God will remember!
a. God will bring you into judgment for all that you do - Ec 11:9
b. Which is why one should "Fear God and keep His commandments" - Ecc
You only live once...will you make the right choice to "Remember God In
The Days Of Your Youth"?